In this video, we update CarLinkit 2.0 dongle to its newest Jan 2020.01.22.2233 firmware (there is a newer firmware at the time of this video going live 2020.06.17.0549 with improvements).
The process is really simple and takes only a few minutes. The update will address any issues users have encountered and shared with the CarLinkint 2.0 team, so if you still experience any issues, let them know about it so they can fix it for you and anyone else experiencing the same problem.
Buy this CarLinkit 2.0 wireless Apple CarPlay dongle much cheaper from Carplaying here – Ships worldwide! Visit the site for a full vehicle compatibility list.
Please check my other videos on the CarLinkit 2.0 wireless Apple CarPlay dongle itself. This video just explores the update and how to apply it.
- Make sure the dongle is connected and has power and is running CarPlay already on your display
- Use the same iPhone that’s transmitting wireless CarLinkit 2.0 to the dongle
- Open Safari on this iPhone and enter the URL 192.168.50.2 or use the QR code that is in the manual and press Go
- Wait for the page to load, it should be pretty instant as you are connecting locally
- The page will display if your dongle has an update available.
- Note the update version number under the title.
- Select the Update Now button to proceed with the update.
- Do not switch off your car, do not disconnect the dongle, do not turn off your iPhone or navigate away from the Safari page during this update.
- The update should take less than a minute.
- As soon as the update has finished it will hold on 100% and say Upgrade Successful. At this point, your dongle should reboot and load you back into CarPlay.
- If you get the same large display as I did in this video, simply retry again and it should be back to normal.
00:10 – Intro
00:37 – Scanning QR code to get to the update screen
01:23 – Checking latest update notes and release date
01:39 – Applying the update
02:46 – Reboot and testing the update
03:12 – Recheck for updates
03:36 – Check common parking bug for any improvements
Thanks for watching. If you have any questions, let them in the comments below and I will try and help.