There is a new update for the wireless CPLAY2air dongle, so I thought it would be a good time to show how to update it to the latest firmware update. Sorry for the god rays in this video. Today was a rare sunny day here in the UK!
The process is really simple and takes only a few minutes. The update will address any issues users have encountered and shared with the CPLAY2air team, so if you still experience any issues, let them know about it so they can fix it for you and anyone else experiencing the same problem.
Please check my other videos on the CPLAY2air wireless Apple CarPlay dongle itself. This video just explores the update and how to apply it.
- Make sure the dongle is connected and has power and is running CarPlay already on your display
- Use the same iPhone that’s transmitting wireless CarPlay to the dongle
- Open Safari on this iPhone and enter the URL 192.168.50.2 and press Go
- Wait for the page to load, it should be pretty instant as you are connecting locally
- The page will display if your dongle has an update available.
- Note the update version number under the title. In this video, I update from 2019.12.31 to 2020.01.09.
- Select the Update Now button to proceed with the update.
- Do not switch off your car, do not disconnect the dongle, do not turn off your iPhone or navigate away from the Safari page during this update.
- The update should take less than a minute.
- As soon as the update has finished it will hold on 100% and say Upgrade Successful. At this point, your dongle should reboot and load you back into CarPlay.
- If you get the same large display as I did in this video, simply retry again and it should be back to normal.
00:10 – Intro
00:30 – How the dongle is connected and how to apply the update
01:55 – Open Safari on your iPhone and enter the URL 192.168.50.2
02:14 – Checking latest update notes and release date
02:45 – Applying the update
03:30 – Reboot and testing the update
04:26 – Cold start to CarPlay menu test (35 seconds)
06:15 – Steering wheel controls test
Thanks for watching. If you have any questions, let them in the comments below and I will try and help.
Buy this CPLAY2air wireless Apple CarPlay dongle directly from its maker with Worldwide shipping! Visit their site for a full vehicle compatibility list.