Pioneer Release New Wireless Apple CarPlay Enabled Receivers
Pioneer’s new wireless Apple CarPlay AVIC Z910DAB receiver
Pioneer has snuck out a new volley of receivers, all carrying the very much desirable Apple wireless CarPlay functionality.
Pioneer has five new receivers for anyone wishing to add wireless Apple CarPlay to their in-car entertainment experience. It’s the first of its kind to arrive from Pioneer, and they join Alpine’s iLX-107 receiver, which has been available (in limited territories) since late 2017.
The line-up of wireless Apple CarPlay receivers from Pioneer consists of:
- AVIC-Z610BT – 6.2-inch WVGA Resistive screen, CD/DVD, navigation – £699
- AVIC-Z710DAB – 6.2-inch WVGA Resistive screen, CD/DVD, navigation, DAB+, no Android Auto £749
- AVIC-Z810DAB – 7-inch WVGA Resistive screen, CD/DVD, navigation, DAB+ – £969
- AVIC-Z910DAB – 7-inch WVGA Capacitive screen, CD/DVD, navigation, DAB+ – £1,119
- AVH-Z9100BT – 7-inch WVGA Capacitive screen, CD/DVD, navigation – £749
All receivers carry a new, cleaner and more modern looking user interface, with thin fonts and thin lines. However its selection of icons still look dated and appear a little out of place against the clean modern look.
Pioneer’s new line-up has a mix of resistive and capacitive display technology, all sadly still packing a WVGA resolution display, which mean they all have a disappointingly low resolution of 800×480.
Waze is also mentioned in their highlighted bullet-points, however looking closer you’ll find that only Android users will relish Waze support from your Android Auto compatible smartphone.
Some retails are already listing prices for each of the new receivers, and I have mentioned each of these above. It’s a little unclear when these receivers will become available.
[Thanks ipaintagain for the tip]