2016 CarPlay Supported Car List
Apple’s CarPlay will certainly be hot topic next year, as more and more iOS owners seek a connection between their iPhones and the in-car entertainment systems sitting in their vehicles.
If you’re on the prowl for a CarPlay enabled vehicle next year, then let this list be the beginning of your search for connected CarPlay nirvana.
First lets confirmed the vehicles that will NOT include CarPlay in their 2016 models, these are: Ford (Ford and Lincoln brands), Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (Chrysler, Dodge, Fiat, Jeep and Ram brands) and Toyota (Toyota, Lexus and Scion brands). All the above are either holding out, or they are offering alternative solutions to connecting smartphones to their in-car systems.
- (Models with a 7-inch or 8-inch MyLink screen will have CarPlay at launch.)
- Silverado 2500HD/3500HD
- Sierra 2500HD/3500HD
- Yukon XL
- Accord (EX, EX-L and Touring)
- Optima (late availability)
- Beetle (SE models and higher)
- CC (Trend models and higher)
- Golf (all trims except base 2-door)
- Golf GTI
- Golf SportWagen
- Golf R
- XC90 (available in November)
You can find a live, updated list of CarPlay enabled vehicles on our main page, and if you spot any one we missed, please do let us know.